“Information we collect and how we use it
- Google will use my information and things I post to give me more “relevant” search results (they already do this, but now they have oodles of information to target me with). An example of this would be that if you talk to a friend about the new puppy you are getting over Google+, when you type in "pets" into Google search, search results with puppies in them will come up first.
- Google will record whom I interact with and show me results that my “circles” find relevant.
- From an advertising perspective, Google is about to +1 you all the way to the bank. They now have multiple ways to target users with ads AND organic search.
- Maybe you don’t think it is, but I think it limits the power of Google--which originally was all about access to quality information. It is essentially putting their profit model (Google AdWords and personalized search) ahead of the most relevant information based on merit only.
- It allows us to be lazier than we already are.
- It doesn't really allow for us to easily access information outside of our comfort zone.
- Google never told us this explicitly.